What I hope to learn in CS3216

Yay, I’m in!

To me, CS3216 is the opportunity to develop a real product from scratch. I hope to be involved in more than just the technical aspect of the product, such as the designing and marketing of the product.

All the modules I have taken so far have equipped me with the fundamental computing skills. During Orbital, I self-learnt many skills such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, etc. to build my web application. My experience of developing a simple web application during Orbital has motivated me to develop a useful and better application, which I can do in CS3216. I want to practically apply all the skills I have picked up so far and refine them so that I can write good quality code, while picking up new skills at the same time.

Most importantly, I hope to learn from my fellow peers in CS3216 as we work together for our assignments and projects. I know that all my teammates in CS3216 will have many interesting ideas and their own expertise. I hope that we can combine our ideas and expertise to build a wonderful product!

Although I know that CS3216 will definitely not be a walk in the park, I also know that the experience will shape me to be a better software engineer, and I’m looking forward to it.


Comments