Week 2

2 weeks in, and 2 assignments have already been released! The mid-assignment submission for the first assignment is on Friday! Although it is stressful, I’m excited and ready to face all the challenges that lay ahead for CS3216. (I hope I’m!!)

This week, Prof Colin talked about the basic principles of software engineering, such as the software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile. He also told us how we can contribute to the project in our roles as programmers and non-programmers.

Before joining CS3216, I thought that CS3216 is about coding cool apps. After today’s lecture, I realize that it is equally important to market our applications well, which I will try to achieve in my assignments.

The 2nd part of the lecture was about SCRUM. I had heard about SCRUM sprints before but didn’t know the details about it. I learnt about the different roles in SCRUM: product owner, SCRUM Master and Team, Releases and Sprints. I feel that the prioritization of features into manageable sprints make it easier to stay on track and get the important work done fast and efficiently, and I’ll definitely try to apply this for my final project!






Comments